Do you love your library? Maybe love feels like too strong a word but maybe you do use the library regularly or your children like story time or the summer reading program. It’s time to let your legislators know! Stop by any of our websites or physical locations to write your library love story. What is a Library Love Story? It can be an answer to any of the following questions:
- How has the library helped you out of a tight spot?
- Do you depend on the computers?
- What do you usually do when you come to the library?
• Has a librarian helped you out?
• What do you look forward to most about visiting the library?
• What is your favorite reason for coming to the library?
• Or anything else you love about the library!
Your story can be short, long, a photo, or a drawing.
Your story makes a big difference to your community! Our elected officials and funders need to hear from you so they have a clearer understanding of what the public library adds to your community. Community, county, and state governments help fund your library. Sometimes even federal grants help. All those agencies need to know that your libraries matter to you.
We’ve made it so easy! Use the online form on your library’s website or stop by and color, type, or write your love story. Just tell us your story by February 2nd. We’ll do the rest.
“Libraries always remind me that there are good things in this world.” – Lauren Ward